No picture postcards from my weekend today as it’s been dark and rainy for what feels like an eternity. So I am here with something to make your dark days glow. As you know, I am a scented candle devotee, and all of these have been tried and tested by me! Friends send them to me, I buy lots from independent makers and shops, sell them in my own online store and they also turn up as gifts sent by friendly brands (thank you)! These are six of the best scented candles so far this year and the places you can get your hands on them.
1. I chose Boulevard Haussmann to trial from Germauld Paris earlier this year (see my full review here) and have to say it is one of my favourite luxury candles ever! Their whole fragrance collection is inspired by different places in Paris, and this one with warming, cosy notes of vanilla, patchouli, amber and tuberose makes a room smell amazing even before lighting.
2. Amber & Moss by P.F Candle Co – my lovely friend Sam who owns Petite Violette in Malmö, bought this over to the UK for me when we met up in London last year. The scent is mossy and clean as soon as you open the jar. The base of musk and amber evokes the essence of a forest floor layered with soft oak-moss and hints of lavender, sage and orange essential oils brighten up the earthy scent.
3. Rose Oud by M Botanicals – The Etsy listing said – ‘Smokey, woodsy Arabian Oud and sweet jammy English Rose come together in this intoxicating heavy scent. If you like your home to be filled with fragrance then this is the one for you.‘ and it was definitely the one for me, I like to keep this one by my bed and burn it for an hour in the evening before sleep. This will be one I come back and buy again and again.
4. This Pomander Candle was so good it found it’s way into our shop! Think of a sweet orange studded with cloves and cinnamon drying slowly as it hangs in front of a glowing midwinter hearth. The perfect spiced citrus scent to take you into Autumn and Winter – mixed, poured and wrapped by hand in a small English workshop. Make sure you have one ready for when the nights start drawing in!
5. The second rose scent in my faves is Roses by Essence + Alchemy – this eco friendly hand poured botanical candle is long lasting with the decadent fresh scent of an English rose garden. Made by hand by the lovely Lesley with high eco credentials we also stock these 100% natural candles in our online store and have to try not to light them all before they find new homes!
6. Lime & Basil by Laura Thomas – A refreshing candle to scent your room, we like this one in the kitchen, office and hallway to greet visitors and keep the air fresh with citrus notes and a herbaceous hint! It contains zesty lime essential oil, a natural immune booster that aids mental clarity and reduces stress – so it’s perfect for the home work space and it’s hints of basil also make this an uplifting scent that can ease mental fatigue and blue days. Better get a whole stock of these in if this weather continues? See you soon x